Sunday 31 July 2011

Help Configuring Exchange on Lion

Help Configuring Exchange on Lion


My girlfriend just purchased the recently released Air. I now want one. Not only will it be for personal use but I will be ditching my company issued Dell brick of shit. The problem is that I can't figure out how to get Exchange configured with the Mail.app. It configures on iOS perfectly. Not the case in Lion. I also tried configuring in Outlook 2011 with no luck.

After doing some research, I read that neither the Mail.app nor Outlook 2011 support Exchange Server 2003. My company is in the dark ages when it comes to hardware and software. More research turned up people suggesting to use DavMail. This software somehow allows support between Exchange and/or Outlook, Mail.app. I can't make heads or tails of any of it. I can't go to my IT group for help as they'd laugh at me. So I must go rogue.

I'm willing to make a decent PayPal donation to anyone that can help me to successfully get my Exchange account configured.

I have access to files on my company laptop and any information that Outlook will reveal but beyond that, I'm limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment